Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mothers

Now that I'm a mother I am figuring out what my mom was talking about all those years.....

Mom, you were right when you said.....

...You will wish you'd never stopped taking piano lessons.
...As a mom, you give you family 110%.
...You never stop being a parent.
...Even when your friends let you down, you always have family - keep that bond strong.
...It's hard to watch your kids hurt.
...There is enough love in a mom for more than one child.
...Mom's don't enjoy spanking!! :)
...Mom's aren't making you be a slave - they are just helping to teach you responsibility.
...I would wish I had cooked more than Hamburger Helper on my cooking night!!
...Be thankful when all the neighbor kids come to your house to play - at least your kids are home.
...Let the little things go - don't dwell on them.
...Shop for sales!! Don't buy it at full price!!
...When you are tempted to worry, ask yourself, "What is the worst thing that could happen?"
...Clip coupons - they do help!
...Enjoy your kids - they grow too fast!
...When you are tempted to think it all looks too overwhelming, take it one day at a time.
...Enjoy every moment with your little ones ~ I saw that in you as you stayed home with us everyday ~ not sure I ever said Thanks for that!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Thanks for all you taught me and still continue to teach me. I only hope my kids look back on me like I look back on my time with you. I love you.

15 comments:

Nikki said...

Your mom sounds like an incredible woman. What a nice tribute to her.

Happy Mother's Day to one of the greatest women (and moms) I have ever known!

Emmie said...

Very Beautiful Becky! I totally agree with a lot of the things you said.

Happy Mother's Day to YOU too! What a wonderful and religious role model you are for your children! Hope you have a great day!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love your post.

crazylady said...

great lessons. Some of these we learn the hard way. Thanks for sharing. Your momma dun' good raising you that's for sure.
Sen.

Gma of 7 said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH -- to a special daughter! I still look back at times and wish I had done some thing even better. It is fun to watch you, now a mother as well, raising your kids. We are so pleased you are teaching them to love God and follow Him. Two of the other most important things you can teach your kids is obedience and respect -- and you are doing both. Happy Mother's Day to you, my Daughter - I love you!

Mr.Brian said...

Yes Becky as much grief as I always give you I still think you are a wonderful mom.
You love your kids so very much and it shows.
Now about this mornings service???????LOLOLOLOL

Truly Blessed said...

What a great list...very handy and wise. It sounds like you hit the Mom jackpot all those years ago!

Hope you're having a wonderful Mother's Day with your beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

That was really nice. Happy Mother's Day to you!

aimeeg said...

Happy Mothers' Day to you!!

dawn said...

So true.
Happy mummies day

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Hope your Mother's Day was as nice as you are!

Praise and Coffee said...

Happy Mother's Day!
What a beautiful family.

Steffie B. said...

Happy Mother's Day...that was a beautiful post!

Lisa said...

Beautiful post! I hope you had a great Mother's day!
Lisa

Gwen Oatsvall said...

great words of wisdom !!!! what we would do without our moms !!!

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits