Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New Book Blog

What can I say - it's chilly (finally after 80+ degrees for three days!!) and overcast and school is wrapping up for the day so I built a new blog! Before you think I'm bored over here - I'M NOT!!! Just took a minute and started this new blog, called In The Pages . I did it so that when people ask me what's good to read - I have a place to send them - this is probably my most-asked question at the library - besides "Where's the bathroom?". So - I started this blog so keep track of what I am reading and post notes about the books. I buy books for our library for almost all of the ages represented so I will try to keep the books in categories (children's, teen, adult).

My only disclaimer is that I may say I'm reading a book but that may not necessarily mean it's totally free of any offensive material - I hate to even say it - I try to read only "clean" stuff, but that is a challenge these days! Sad, but true. So I'll try to make a note of really offensive stuff - other than that - I will say in advance, I am sorry for any "crummy" stuff - it's just so hard to find even Jr. High and Teen stuff without any offensive material in it - that's my commentary on our society!!

I'll sign off with my cup of pumpkin spice coffee (stop by, I have plenty!!) and a few pictures I took today - I was really in that "Fall" mood!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are lovely!
I'm looking forward to reading through your book reviews.

Last thought:
You were so smart to take photos of Chloe's first hair cut! I never thought to bring my camera along to the beauty shop the first time (or any time!) my girls got their hair cut. Wish I would have!

~Monica

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits