Monday, September 18, 2006

Interesting Stuff

Well - ran across a few neat things in my "Blog Drive" today -

If you'd like a new look for your blog, go to Bluebird Blogs and sign up for a free blog design - she is giving away two this fall in a contest!!

Sandra has a new book blog - looks to be fun - you might want to check that out in your leisure.

Ok - so I'm a flunkie in the kitchen but I do still try - I ran across this blog some time ago and still love to check it out every Monday for meal ideas - it's a yummy one!! Hey, who knows - maybe I'll get inspired and suprise my patient husband!!

Don't get too shocked now, I baked yesterday!! I will post the recipe I made with some fresh apples we went and picked - it is an apple bundt cake-- It was so good and so "Fall-y".
1/4 C cinnamon-sugar mixture
4 apples, chopped small
3 eggs
1 C vegetable oil
2 C all-purpose flour
2 C sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a Bundt or tube pan and coat with cinnamon misture. Mix apples, eggs and oil with an electric mixer. Add flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into pan and bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cake to rest in pan for at least 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate. To prepare glaze, combine butter, brown sugar and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Spoon over cake. Allow to cook before serving.
Glaze: 2 T butter, 1/2 C firmly packed light brown sugar, 2 T milk
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream. Nut lovers can add 1 C of chopped walnuts or pecans to the cake batter.

Another of my favorite blogs to check daily is Wantnot. She posts deals on that website daily - yesterday's was free shipping at The Company Store - but she has new stuff everyday - you never know what bargain you will find and I'm a bargain hunter so that's right up my alley!!

And lastly - my favorite new site to check - our friends are adopting a baby girl from China and they just started a website - go and cheer them on - they are our dear pastor and wife and we are so excited for them - they have a wonderful story - and a beautiful daughter waiting in China for them. I told her she just needs to get some pictures of Caeleigh on there and that would be even better!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky--
Soooo excited to hear about your pastor's family adoption. I would love it if someone from our church would adopt from China. How cool.
I have a really simple reeses peanut butter bar recipe the at I could sen you and then you could wow your family with your candy making ability too.
Blessings,
~v

Sandra said...

Just read your above post, and I'm praying for you guys. I'm currently going through my Green Card paperwork and I know it's not the same, but the fees and the paperwork and all that is very frustrating. Keeping you in my prayers :)

Thank you for mentioning my book blog, you're too sweet :)

Hope you're having a wonderful day,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

You Baked??????????????
Mr. Brian

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits