Some things just make you wonder - we had been out all morning doing errands and came back to my Dad and Mom's for lunch and then were planning to run out again - we were home MAYBE an hour - we went back out to get in the van and when I opened the driver's door all you could see what black stuff all over - when I opened the door behind the driver's door - we could see exactly the cause. Our portable DVD player, attached behind the driver's head, and basically blown up. The batteries were blown out of the machine - a whole side of the machine is melted - the batteries were just empty cases laying on the floor of the van and we are left with soot and black crud all over the van.
We proceeded to take some pictures and then the work of clean up.
Wow - as we were cleaning AND CLEANING and cleaning - we were thinking out loud - Chloe's car seat was covered with black sticky stuff and down below her seat is where the force was so strong the batteries blew out and shot down through the floor mat - rubber and all - and then burned the carpet underneath. We can only imagine what would have happened had it exploded when we were in the car MUCH LESS with Chloe sitting in her seat - which is where the impact really was. God is Good!!
I already called our insurance and they will take care of it - minus our deductible, of course, - we weren't planning on a big deductible right now - but we know God will take care of that too! So - we will just keep cleaning and thanking God that we are all ok and that we can drive our van home. We are still using rags that are coming in the house black - it is so gross, but wow, we have much to be thankful for.
If you have a portable DVD player - check the recalls and battery info - that is so scary!!