Sunday, February 24, 2008

Getting the Better of Us...

You know - we've been sick over here for awhile - so when Aaron announced last night that he was starting to feel yuck - I just assumed it was another attack of Influenza A over here. Boy was I wrong - he woke up this morning when I went down to check on him, fever raging, and promptly threw up (sorry - but all the moms will understand!!!) thus began our roller coaster ride. This is when he fell to the floor in pain - could not walk or bend over and so we called the Emergency Room. Of course we heard the dreaded - "Bring him right in". So we did - and the tests began - I can't even tell you what all they ran on him - all I know is that that poor little guy is tired of being poked and prodded. As they ran the second blood draw tonight and were having trouble finding a vein because he is so dehydrated - he had tears running down his face and said to the nurse, "It's ok, I'm just tired of all of this."

They have narrowed it down now - not appendicitis as they first thought - but bladder infection - yes, for a boy that is very rare - and quite serious for how bad his is, I guess. His blood level was high this morning for the infection but even higher tonight when they took the test again. So - he has to spend the night. His temp is also up higher now than it has been all day. We are just covering our little guy in prayer. Tomorrow he has more tests - including an ultrasound to see what is going on in the bladder and, most importantly, if any damage has been done to the kidneys. We pray for wisdom for the doctors.

I will leave you with Chloe's prayer for tonight: "Thank you God for my Polly Pockets and for Aaron. Please help his body to get strong - you can make him strong, God. Amen."

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky and Joe,
Count on my prayers for Aaron - and for you all!
Love, Aunt Jan

Dianne said...

So sorry to hear about Aaron. That's got to be painful, poor guy. Such a sweet prayer from Chloe, he will be in our prayers also.

Denise C said...

Oh my Goodness Becky! I am so sorry that Aaron is so sick! Bless his heart! We will be lifting him in prayer each time the Lord brings him to our thoughts!
What a sweet prayer that was that little Chloe prayed for her brother. Your family is so precious...they are a direct reflection of you, sweet friend!

Love & Prayers,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Praying sweet Chloe's prayer of healing for Aaron. Becky, I'll also pray for the drs., you and Joe, too. So sorry that your boy is ill.

Kim said...

I am sooo sorry... you will all be in my thoughts and prayers...
Hope Aaron gets better soon...I know he will with a prayer like that from Chloe..
Hugs to you all

Carey said...

Oh, Becky, hang in there. Praying for Aaron!

Unknown said...

Hope he feels better soon!

Kristi said...

Dear Becky, our prayers are with you. May Aaron has relief from this quickly and the doctors have clear diagnosis. We second Chloe's pray, and join in asking God to help his body get strong and well. Love and hugs to you as this stuff is so hard on Mom as well! Kristihen

polkadot said...

Poor guy. The hospital can be so awful, too, they take so long to get the tests etc. done. I am glad he is back home and hope this clears up soon.

Amy said...

That sounds painful! I hope he feels better really soon. Thank God for Drs

Mr.Brian said...

I'll be praying for him.
Please give us an update soon.
Hugs and prayers,
Mr.Brian

Steffie B. said...

Oh Becky....I can so relate to what you are going through. I will lift Aaron up in prayer, for God's healing hand to be upon him and for the Doctors to have clarity on the issues that are going on.
Hugs my friend....
S*

Leah said...

Oh we have dealt with children in hospitals lately over here too. It is the most gut-felt sorrow for mommies! Try to control your mind. Do not go down the "what if" path. Focus on the Great Physician & His plan for you. I will be praying, my friend.

sara h. said...

oh no. poor guy! We're praying over here!

Rachael said...

Well, good thing the polly pockets were covered. :)

Hope all is well soon with your son. Poor kiddo.

Nikki said...

OH NO!!! I am so sorry to hear about all you are going thru - poor sweet Aaron! It is now Monday night - I hope he is on the mend and the doctors have treated him properly.
I will pray. Please let us know as soon as you can.
(and Chloe's prayer is as sweet as they come - God CAN and WILL make Aaron strong...AMEN!)

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits