Thursday, February 17, 2011

How Can I Keep From Singing?

I am not a very good gift-giver. I'll admit that right up front. I have thought it through MANY times and I can't put my finger on it, but as close as I can figure - I think I am just too practical. I want to surprise people and give them something they'll love, but practicality always wins out! Take Joe on the other hand - the guy is the master of gift giving - he starts his spreadsheet in May and plans out what he is going to give and yes, he saves those spreadsheets - he has them from years past just to keep track! And he's so great at coming up with ideas - I mean, really, THIS will go down in infamy!!!

So this year, for Christmas, I really tried hard NOT to be practical. Ok, the upside down map that Joe asked for - that was probably practical, but the tickets for tonight's big show in Sioux Falls - not practical!! And boy was he surprised! I made a puzzle he had to put together, yep, that's the other problem with Joe - you just CAN NOT surprise that man - he always figures it out. SO as he's doing his puzzle - he is just clueless. He gets it done - and he's STILL clueless because I only listed date, time, and place - not the performer! But really, he lives and breathes the music of this man, I thought he'd know he was coming and the exact date and time!! But no, and then when I told him - yep, he was a little teary! I LOVED that - I surprised him - and I was NOT practical.
(I know, patting myself on the back here - but after 18 years, I think I deserve one pat!!)
And, I needed to post this today in case Chris was reading - I don't want to offend him at all, but I really won't be watching him so much tonight - nope, my eyes will be on my husband - he'll be WAY more fun to watch!!

1 comment:

dawn said...

yep, you deserve a huge pat on the back! Great gift and love the puzzle idea. Have a great time watching Joe watching Chris

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits