Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Being a Mom

I am feeling VERY inadequate. There is nothing easy about being a mom - nothing easy about being a mom to five kids - and nothing easy when you throw in one child that needs a lot of extra time and attention. We had no idea that when we brought little Jada home that our world would literally turn upside-down. My time is consumed by Jada and her appointments right now. In a good week, we can have 5-6 different appointments just for Jada and that doesn't include running our boys back and forth to band, running the girls to their weekly Kindermusik, our jobs, church commitments, etc. I have to say that sometimes I literally run from one thing to the next and leave at 9 in the morning and do not get home until 3 or 4 in the afternoon - for this mom that has thrived on tranquility, orderliness, and a routine - this is pushing me to the limit!!! But what I love is how God provides. (I am not trying to complain - I realize TONS of Moms do this regularly, but so far, God has not made this our lifestyle and I have been grateful for that- so when He turned our world and our running began, it took me a bit of "getting used to!")

Today was one of those days - 9:00 speech appt, 11:00 therapist (a half hour away), and 2:00 dentist - all for Jada today - I was, once again, feeling bad that my other kids don't get Mom most of the day. So when I ran home between two appts. and found my boys sitting in the living room playing Pick Up Sticks with Chloe I was nearly brought to tears. I don't know too many 13, 14, and 15 year old boys that would play games with their 5 year old sister. When I praised them and told them how much it meant to me, one of the boys said, "Well Mom, we noticed how you were very busy and we were afraid Chloe might feel kind of left out. So we asked her what games she would like to play to help cheer up her day." I tell you what - I was left speechless. I share it to say that, once again, God fills in the gaps. He leaves me speechless sometimes - where I am weak, He is strong.

12 comments:

Sherri said...

That is so great! That shows that you are raising GREAT children!!!

In Christ Alone,

Sherri Roe

Musings from Kim K. said...

Please know that I'm thinking of you. I pray that your Memorial weekend bring some much needed rest/relaxation. Hugs!!

3 Peanuts said...

SO INSPIRING! You have taught them well. Hang in there. I will pray for you. I spent a good number of years running from speech to OT to PT with my eldest. It is hard but it does end.

JulieM said...

You are such a good mommy! Praying God gives you every ounce of what you need right now. He wouldn't lay this on your plate without giving you strength to get you through your day!

alicia said...

What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

hollym. said...

Hey, Becky!

All of the appointments will slow down. Hold on to that.:)

And your boys playing with Chloe, well that's what it's all about!!

Dawn said...

You're doing a great job Becky! The ironic thing is, because the kids are pulling together so tightly, they might remember these times only with smiles. :) The things they shared and did.

And (((HUGS))) to you mom from this mom!

Lori Lynn said...

Your boys are the greatest! That is proof that you are doing a great job as a mother. I barely have enough time with two little ones. I cannot imagine how hard it must be with five.

At least I get to go to work for a few hours and get a break!

Pam said...

That is great. You are raising some great young men. I think I would have been on the verge of tears.

Unknown said...

Praying God will multiply your time as I just can not imagine your schedule demands with five kids and then like you said.....all the extra appointments to boot! I am like that too Becky as I need my home time and orderliness....I get flustered when I feel there is too much for one day and then I fall behind. I only have three and two of them can drive! These are the times I wish we all lived closer together and we could help you out in a tangible way. Precious post......story of Chloe and her brothers a beautiful treasure

Kristi said...

Becky, the comment from "Will" is actually from me Kristi.....did not know he was playing around with my blog acct.

Mommy Spice said...

Oh, how blessed you are to have these sweet children. I can only imagine how tough it must be to juggle such a schedule. It may put me over the edge...which might be why God has me juggling just one kiddo right now. :) I hope this summer brings some rest and strength.

Mrs. B (aka- Mommy Spice)

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits