Saturday, April 21, 2007

My First Award in Bloggerland

Well - blow me away - I won my first award in Bloggerville. Monkey Giggles nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award. I love to blog, mainly for family and friends that like to get a small glimpse into our life. But it has become for me such a fun outlet. Not only do I love to read my comments everyday, but I can't wait to go blogging during Chloe's nap - now that she doesn't nap when am I EVER going to blog?!?!?! :) So, I was honored that someone even classified me as a "thinking" blogger!!! Most of my posts do not merit such a name!! More like - bored mother plastering her family all over her blog!!! It's a joke in our house - "Don't let her take your picture - it will end up on the blog!!!" Deep down I think they love it - see how famous they are?!?! So, thank you Monkey Giggles - now I must nominate 5 bloggers that make me think. (And I hate to nomiate people because that always leaves others out - so PLEASE do not be offended if I don't list you. I am puposefully NOT listing any of our travelling buddies - that would be TOO HARD!!)

Always in My Heart....
Catching Butterflies....
Raising Five....
Three Dumplings....
Peace in the Pandemonium....

And many more.....

Now, if you are nominated - you must nominate 5 more bloggers and make a post on your blog with a link back to this one. (All the rules, huh?!?!) Hey, and the best part, you can steal the Thinking Blogger Award for your blog too!!

16 comments:

Steffie B. said...

I just sent you an email about this....I've been nominated by Praise and Coffee...I'd better get it up and going! ooops! ;) i do love you blog...but you already new that!

Carey said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!!

Mr.Brian said...

I say way to go!!!!!I've always said you deserve an award for your work and creative blogging.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Yes, even your pictures make us think. Congratulations! Thank you for nominating me - I'm very honored!

Mommy Spice said...

Awesome! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on receiving this high honor ;-)

But seriously, I really do enjoy your blog!!!

Sue said...

Whereever will this lead??? The pulitzer prize of bloggers probably! What fun. Congrats, Becky!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

YOU ARE SUCH A CELEBRITY!!! MY FAMILY FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT PICTURE TAKING IN THE HOUSE ... CONGRATS !!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Congratulations!!! We all love your blog and all the GREAT PHOTOS. You will have to buy them all a pair of sunglasses so they can go ingcognito.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Becky!!! You are one of MY favorite blog authors, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that you were given the award!

(Thank you for passing it on!)

Emmie said...

Congrats..I totally think u deserve it!! :)
U already know I love your blog as well!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Becky...I hope this isn't a horrible thing to do...I mean the last thing in the world I would want to do is desecrate the award...but, I just can't get used to that little alien that is the logo in it...puts me in mind of some poor little fetus...or maybe a fetus in some Stephen King book...seem to recall (in my childhood when I read horror stuff!) reading a story by someone (probably WAS Stephen King) about this baby that had been chromosomally altered by it's father prior to birth and was born incredibly intelligent...already able to talk and soon reading, etc...but this child had no ability to empathize with other people...was totally devoid of a conscience (presumably because you really shouldn't mess around with those chromosones!)... anyway, this kid is smart enough to hide his abnormal intelligence, while, secretly he had assembled a lab of his own where he is busy raising an army of beings he has chromosonally altered to be mentally deficient, but quite large and strong...a loyal, unquestioning troop of slaves for him to direct! Oh, and, meantime, he has killed all his little playmates, the children of friends of his father who were also chromosonally altered to be extremely intelligent just like he was...he didn't like the competition, I suppose! If you are going to rule the universe, no one else needs any intelligence but you, yourself...makes everyone so much easier to manage that way, you know! Anyway, every time I look at the little alien logo on the award, I think about a fetus that is already reading and plotting the destruction of the rest of mankind! So, to make what could be a much longer story a bit briefer, I cut the little alien out of my award before hanging it proudly in my side-bar. Feel free to snag my chromosonally altered version of the award if that little guy has any unsettling effects on you, too!

Wow...what a bunch of RUN ON sentence there were up there! Either I am one really lazy writer, or I have just been reading way too much Faulkner!

(Hope Darcy doesn't notice this comment, because I would never let HER get away with writing like this!)

Julie said...

Congratulations!!!

Roy and Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

You have such a great blog! It is well deserved!

redmaryjanes said...

I love your blog! And I think that you put together a wonderful list of very deserving bloggers.

Karen said...

Congrats and thanks for nominating my blog....glad you enjoy!

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits