Thursday, August 16, 2007

What's In a Name

Well - I was hoping to start school next week - getting all geared up - and I get this YUCK virus going around. Fever, cough, congestion - the whole respiratory mess. Yesterday, my oldest son, came to me and said he didn't feel well - which I could have told before he even said a word just by looking at him!! And this morning at 4 am - I hear, "Mommy?" But this was a very small DEEP, throaty voice!! Yes, now Chloe is the next one down at our house. So - I have nothing exciting to post except we all want to feel better. This is a yucky bug - I've had it since Sat. and still do not have much of a voice!

So- what do you do when you are sick? Well blog, of course, and I found this website in my wanderings. This is quite a hoot! Babynamer is a site where you can type in a name and they will tell you the normal stuff - origin, meaning, pronunciation, etc. But my favorite part??? They will tell you drawbacks to the name - YES -if you've never thought of a nickname to call someone go here, you'll have a ton to choose from. (I don't think I'll show my boys!!!! They may torture their sister!!)

18 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Maybe I can pass this along to my co worker who is expecting.
I've been enjoying it. I ama lways amazed where you come up with all these sites.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, that's so yuck! I am sorry you aren't well! I hope you ALL get better soon!

Linette said...

So sorry you're all sick! Hope you get to feeling better soon. It's the worst to be sick in the
summer :( Will have to check out the babynamer site.

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better soon.
Take good rest and care.

jennifer said...

Sorry you're sick. That is no fun. I'm going to check that website out.

Nikki said...

Sorry you guys aren't feeling well...Lily and I are kinda icky lately too!

That website is too funny! Lily's nicknames made me chuckle, although we have called her most of them at one point or another. One I hadn't thought of: Lily Vanilli!

Rachael said...

You're right -- it is a hoot. I liked it so much, I linked back it (and you) in my post today!

Hope you guys are all feeling healthy again soon.

Adele said...

I am so sorry to hear that all of you are sick. I will pray that you all feel better very soon. I am off to check out that Baby namer site. Sounds fun.
Get well soon!!!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you bounce back quick.

cool website! We're still deciding on a name for our next daughter.

Anonymous said...

The kids and I had so much fun with this website......mostly with the drawbacks of each name. We laughed so hard. Hope you feel better soon.

Leah said...

I have been sick with the upper respiratory thing for about a week and a half now. Hope you all feel better soon!

Laura Nipper said...

That is a cool website, but there are way to many drawbacks to my name though. :)

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Gwen Oatsvall said...

so sorry you are down .... i hate the yuck virus ... i am still waiting on the name of the next bibly, so i can start praying by name instead of baby bilby ... hee hee

Monkey Giggles said...

oh...yuke..sorry to hear the yukie bug has attacked your home. That is never any fun when he comes over. Hope he (yukie bug) leaves soon!!!

dawn said...

I am going to check out the website now. My name was murder growing up...not the Dawn part but my surname.

Feel better Bilbys. Sending hugs.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're (all)sick! Feel better soon...

Unknown said...

Sorry you are sick. We have it too! Maybe we have the same thing!

Anyway, thanks for the babyname site. I'm going to check it out right now. We're still deciding on a name. We have at least 2 years to mull over it though! LOL

When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
~Deuteronomy 24:19

Search This Blog

Buy from our site - a portion comes back to us...

Tidbits