Sunday, May 31, 2009
The care package we sent:
My first "Mom Thought" on this one was - "Oh please no more cutting her hair!!" And my second "Mom Thought" was Jada better not have colored on that wall!!! (Couldn't resist!)
This one's for Jill and Jamie - our friends that LOVE all things Harley's!!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
I know, other kids' concerts aren't all that exciting - but I just put one song on here. We are proud of Aaron - he chose trombone this year as his instrument for band and he has just done a great job! He practices without being reminded and he is doing SO well!! We are proud big guy!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
We painted pottery:
We rode rides:
We saw Grandpa and Grandma.
We got sunburned.
We have blisters on our feet.
We ate cotton candy, funnel cakes, ribbon fries, fudge puppies, poffertjes, let's just stop there! :)
We now ALL know Caleb's band songs BY HEART!!!
It was fun.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Gotta love how the shortest kid gets the largest instrument!! Go Caleb!!!He was hot after playing in a LONG parade but he looks good!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
We want to say a HUGE thank you to the many that have given to the Jada Fund through our sidebar or through our church. I can not tell you how blessed we have been by that. God is providing in ways we never imagined. People ask us - are we at our total yet? No, to be honest, thousands left, but God is good and we know He will provide. We are still applying for a couple of grants to help us finish out our adoption. We show our kids every time someone gives - it is God providing and it blesses us all! Thank you for your kindness again - you are just helping us answer God's call - to take care of the orphans.
I had someone ask for our church address so they could mail a check so I will post it here again:
New Hope Evangelical Free Church
Attn: Lisa Leusink
718 Florida Ave. SW
Orange City, IA 51041
(In the Memo Line just note "Bilby Adoption")
Sunday, May 10, 2009
What ingredients are mothers made of? Skin :)
What kind of little girl was your mom? One with puffy hair.
What's the difference between Moms and Dads? One was a little boy and one was a little girl.
What does your mom do in her spare time? Plays with me! :)
So there you have it - Chloe's wisdom - what she was willing to share - some of the questions she just looked at me funny. Oh well, who can blame her when you already know the answers!!!
This was from our photo shoot tonight - trying to capture Chloe in the tulips but it wasn't SO successful! This one made me laugh, however.....
Saturday, May 09, 2009
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's mom like me.
What kind of a little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Happy Mother's Day to you all - Moms are such a great gift! I praise God for women that strive to follow Him ~ Enjoy your special day!!
Thursday, May 07, 2009
I just wish there was some way to let Jada know how much she is already loved. She has a huge family here in Iowa working to help us get her here and I just cannot wait until she can join us. So many people from church, work and then contacts through the library and the community at large came out. It is just beyond words. Even to have a business such as Pizza Ranch that provides opportunities for this type of fund-raising is amazing. What an incredible blessing!
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
In other news - Robin at Red Thread Stitches is having an auction for a WONDERFUL item this month and all proceeds go to our family. Robin is a dear - she has been so encouraging to us during this whole process and her own story is powerful as well. We are grateful for her in so many ways.
Our Pizza Ranch fundraiser is tomorrow night in Orange City - we are so excited, grateful, and waiting to watch God work. He never ceases to amaze us.
Lastly, my blog business - Busy Mama Blog Design - is featured today on Give Away Today - another great blog that focuses on online businesses and helping them spread the word.
Oh - can't quit now - I must share such an encouraging phone call from my morning - our local elementary school speech pathologist called me this morning - she is just such a blessing to us - she has worked with two of our boys with speech issues and now is so helpful in preparing for Jada to come home. She was telling me that the school is ready and willing to assess Jada when she comes home so that they are able/ready to help her in the fall. They so graciously offered to stop by when we get her home and are adjusted and play with her a bit to see in what areas they will be able to help her. I just see that as another God-thing - we are a homeschooling family - and yet they bend over backwards to make sure we know we can get any help we want or need. I feel truly blessed by that - it's just another thing that God does to show us his "Smile." He truly cares. Do I know best how to care for Jada or what she will need? No - but God does and He is clearing the path for her. I love that.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Please pray - we were hoping to travel yet this summer - but the crazy Swine Flu may change that for us. So we are just asking our friends/family to petition God on our behalf - and Jada's as well. We want to go get our little girl and bring her home - it's all in God's timing but after waiting three years to see Jada we are, truth be told, a little antsy!!